Final Days has been Greenlit on Steam after 16 days! I’m not sure if that is good or not these days, but I’m super stoked about it regardless! 😀
Thank you so much to everyone for your support and helping to make this happen! It’s much appreciated and means a lot to me!
Now it’s time for me to get back into some serious development on Final Days so that I can get it finished and ready for release!
I’ve just released a minor update to the Final Days alpha demo (v0.14.3). It’s mainly just to make hosting a game a bit more straightforward.
If you already have the demo installed, you should be automatically prompted to update when you next launch the game. If not, you can download the Final Days demo from here.
v0.14.3 alpha changelog
- Changed: When starting a new game, the game type is now specified in the same screen
- Added: When starting a new public game, a prompt is now shown about UPnP / port forwarding requirements
- Added prompt about Steam Greenlight when exiting
And for completeness, here are the changelogs for the previous updates I released also:
v0.14.2 alpha (2016-02-16)
- Changed: Feedback screen now also supports clicking of the submit/cancel labels
- Added hovering help text for doors and crates
- Fixed: Cancelling out of the “manual connect” address entry could cause a crash
- Fixed crash at startup when in a region using decimal commas (e.g. European countries)
v0.14.1 alpha (2016-02-03)
- Fixed a GDI leak in MonoGame which occured when running in fullscreen and could eventually lead to a crash
- Changed: Try to gracefully handle the rare possibility of the crash reporter crashing
- Changed: Improved server crash handling
For future reference, you can view the complete changelog in the Final Days installation directory (normally “C:\Program Files (x86)\Final Days Demo”). The file is named “DemoChangelog.txt”.
I’ve just put Final Days up on Steam Greenlight! For those that don’t know, Steam Greenlight is where the community votes for the games they’d like to see on Steam.
As a solo indie dev, I need all the help I can get! So if you want to show your support, please vote “Yes” for Final Days on Steam. And please feel free to share this with your family, friends, and anyone else you think might be interested. Every little bit helps 🙂
Thanks for your support! 🙂
I’ve just released the first trailer for Final Days!
Thanks to Nick (a.k.a. The Groove Foundry) and JW for the music in the trailer! Also thanks to Gabriel for helping me polish the video!
P.S. I’ll also be launching Final Days on Steam Greenlight very soon… stay tuned!